2008年4月28日 星期一

針鋒相對

(中譯:Chris)

An Englishman is having breakfast, in Paris , one morning (coffee, croissants, bread, butter and jam) when a Frenchman, chewing bubble-gum, sits down next to him. 有個英國人,某天在巴黎吃早餐,有咖啡、牛角包、麵包、牛油和果醬。一個嚼著香口膠的法國人,在旁邊坐下來。

The Englishman ignores the Frenchman who, nevertheless, starts a conversation. 英國人不與理會,還是法國人先開腔了。

Frenchman: "You English folk eat the whole bread??" 法國人說:「你們英國人吃麵包,是這樣整個都吃的嗎?」
Englishman (in a bad mood): "Of course." 英國人沒好氣的答:「那當然囉。」
Frenchman: (after blowing a huge bubble) "We don't. In France, we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle it, transform them into croissants and sell them to England ." The Frenchman has a smirk on his face. 法國人吹爆了一個泡泡
,面有得色的說:「在法國,我們不是這樣吃的。我們只吃裡面,麵包皮會收集後循環再造成牛角包,運到英國售賣。」
The Englishman listens in silence. 英國人聽著,默然不語。
The Frenchman persists: "Do you eat jam with the bread??" 法國人得勢不饒人:「你們英國人吃麵包是塗果醬的嗎?」
Englishman: "Of Course." 英國人答:「那當然囉。」
Frenchman: (cracking his bubble-gum between his teeth and chuckling). 法國人繼續大嚼特嚼他的香口膠:

"We don't. In France we eat fresh fruit for breakfast, then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam, and sell the jam to England ."「在法國嘛,我們吃早餐就一定是新鮮水果,吃剩的果皮、果核和果肉等等就收集起來,循環再造成果醬,運到英國售賣。」
After a moment of silence, The Englishman then asks: "Do you have sex in France ?" 一陣沉默之後,英國人問:「你們在法國也做愛的嗎?」
Frenchman: "Why of course we do". 法國人:「那當然囉。」
Englishman: "And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?" 英國人問:「你們用過的避孕套怎樣處理?」
Frenchman: "We throw them away, of course."法國人:「當然是扔掉啦。」




Englishman: "We don't. In England , we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down into bubble-gum, and sell them to France ." 英國人說:「在英國,我們可不是這樣。我們收集起來,循環再造成香口膠,運到法國售賣的。」

3 則留言: